Is Your Furnace Ready for Winter?
It is never a good idea to turn on your unit, for the first time when the temperature drops and discover that it is not in good working order. If your furnace is fully functional and ready for winter, you can save money and enjoy peak performance from your system all season long. Dedicated HVAC professionals will be glad to help you to get your entire system all ready for winter, but there are a few things you can do on your own to ensure your unit is performing.
A Few Good Tips for Efficiency
The following tips will help you to ensure that your system is all ready for the winter season:
- Check your filter and change when necessary. This will help ensure your HVAC unit is running efficiently.
- Schedule a maintenance check before the season starts.Planning ahead for preventative maintenance checks will ensure your unit is ready to perform.
- Many units require a change in the thermostat setting. Yours may need to be switched to heating from the cooling setting
- Inspect your chimney before running your unit. Small animals and carbon buildup may fill any chimney.
- Clean and lubricate the blower motor on a regular basis. Professionals can answer questions and determine what needs to be done for routine care.
- Make sure every heating vent is uncovered. If your unit is blocked it may overheat.
A Fully Functional System is Safe and Efficient
A safe and efficient system will be a fully functioning unit and will ensure your home is safe and comfortable no matter the season. Additionally, it can help you safe money and prevent costly replacements. Prepping your unit for winter doesn’t have to take long. There are certain things you can do on your own, but it is best to contact HVAC professionals to ensure your unit functions in the best way.